Sunday, April 14, 2013

Culinaria Italia


"Oh no, what, Italy again?" you might say, and I just nod cheerfully. As I am still waiting to have some time to visit the Greek deli, I have decided to focus on Buda, again. Now that I have been walking around Mammut in the past few weekends, I realized that there are tons of delicatessen shops inside and outside of the shopping center. This is the brief story of how I have found this particular store. I usually don't like Mammut, because for me it's very crowded and noisy, but as I wondered around yesterday, I found this huge sign pointing at a direction and indicating a delicatessen shop. That is my main problem with Mammut, that the place is so illogical and confusing, you just get lost wandering around the small corridors. But this time, I was lucky to find something fun! 



The store itself is located at the back of the shopping center on the first floor. It is not as enormous as the Asia shop, but for the first sight, I thought it looks very nice.  When you enter, you can see many types of packaged goods: biscuits, cookies, chocolate, and other goodies of various Italian brands on your left. If you turn right, you can see some serious pasta! I was astonished by this variety that Culinaria Italia offers. Despite the fact that the shapes are the usual ones (linguine, tagliatelle, cannelloni, etc.), there are many other ways pasta can make a difference. I found it absolutely wonderful that here they have pastas made of many interesting ingredients, like buckwheat, poppy seed, sun dried tomatoes, and spinach. All these types of ingredients add to not only the shape, but the color of the pasta. Gorgeous, isn't it?



Going further into the shop you can see alcoholic beverages on the right. The saleswoman was very kind to tell me that they have many types of Limoncello, and that customers like them very much. Also, you can find many good-quality Italian wines there, too. And if you are looking for non-alcoholic drinks, there are some Italian soft drinks, too.



At the back of the shop, there are very fine quality Italian cheeses, and refrigerated goods. Again, here, there is not only a wide variety of dried pasta, but also some soft ones that you can buy refrigerated. There is a sauce shelf at the back of the shop on the left, from which you can choose many types of tomao sauces, pestos, and pasta sauces.




I believe this shop is a very nice and convenient place to visit. You can reach it from any stops of the 4-6 tram. It has good prices, with seasonal sales, that can always come handy. The staff is friendly and helpful. Although Mammut is not the nicest place, this little shop, Culinaria Italia can give you a purpose to visit it and find some high-quality Italian delicacies there.

Opening Hours:
Monday - Saturday: 10:00-21:00
Sunday: 10:00-18:00

If you want more information about this shop, and its products, follow this link: Culinaria Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment